Along with doing a lot of writing, I’m lucky to have had opportunities to present to an audience – whether that’s as a live talk at a conference or other venue; participating in webcasts; or participating (and even hosting) podcasts and vlogs.
I have been doing this for over 40 years, since my early days as an actor, then as a teacher, and now as an IT practitioner. It’s no secret that I enjoy this facet of the work, and find both the direct interaction energizing and educational.
I’ve spoken to a wide range of audiences in the IT space, including:
- Technically Religious podcast
- The Current status
- Gestalt IT’s On-Premise podcast
- and more.
If you’re interested in having me speak at your event, contact me here.
If I submitted a CFP and you came here to check out my work, here are some additional resources:
- Headshot – color
- Headshot – black and white
- Headshot 2
- Fun headshot
- Bio (multiple versions)
- Website and Social Media Links
A full collection of my talks, webinars, podcast, and other appearances can be found here.
Some corporate video work I’ve been involved in:
- Host of New Relic’s Changelog
- New Relic “Absolutely Simple” video series
- SolarWinds Lab
- SolarWinds THWACKcamp
Some recent samples of my solo talks include:
- (DevOpsDays Tel Aviv 2022) Alerts: The root of all evil or the seeds of your success?
- Monitorama 2022: Technical Empathy
- DevOpsDays Birmingham 2022: Alerts don’t suck, YOUR alerts suck!
- IT Life Coach: Tips for Bridging the IT Gap
- THWACKcamp: The Case for Making Your Case (keynote)
- Cloud Native Day Tel Aviv 2019: The Four Questions (Every Monitoring Engineer Gets Asked)
- SolarWinds TechPod: All Things Quantum with whurley
- DevOpsdays Baltimore: Living an Unplugged Life as an IT Pro
Here’s a gallery of pictures from various presentations I’ve given