If you’re not sure what this job list is all about, check out my handy “About the Weekly Job Listing post” explainer. You can also use this form to manage your subscription to this email, a weekly blog summary, and more.
What’s in here:
First you’ll find a list of job hunting resources, and after that is the weekly job listings.
Job Listing Resources:
- Diversify Tech: https://www.diversifytech.co/job-board/
- Black Tech Pipeline: https://blacktechpipeline.com/jobs
- Possibly the best job board on the internet. But certainly the snarkiest. https://jobs.lastweekinaws.com/
- A list of companies (and their job listings)
A community of companies that operate on the principles of autonomy, balance, flexibility, and transparency. https://peoplefirstjobs.com/companies
- Remote jobs from CandiBots can be found using this link: https://candibots.com/jobs/?job_title=remote
- Remote job list (and email sign-up): https://nocommute.substack.com/
- Remote jobs from https://www.remoterocketship.com/
- Looking for a cloud job specifically? Corey Quinn has you covered: https://jobs.lastweekinaws.com/
- Raytheon has ~2000 remote jobs across the spectrum of IT: https://careers.rtx.com/global/en/search-results?keywords=remote
- Job postings that come in through various online communities: https://fromcommunity.com/jobs
- TABGeeks: https://www.tabgeeks.com/tabgeeks-blog/jobs
- FairyGodBoss: https://fairygodboss.com/
- Rise: https://app.joinrise.co/jobs?sort=desc
- Arc.dev remote dev job aggregator: https://arc.dev/
- Listing of jobs featuring fully remote, 4 day workweek jobs: https://4dayweek.io/remote-jobs
- Ethical tech job lists: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dFVoF6f9VU5pjaGhyyvQaBN0n6ae-iLCtlvsO1N2jhA/edit#gid=0
- The NonLinear Project’s curated remote-only job listings: https://nonlinearproject.com/
- List of Cle tech companies: https://github.com/mrfright/cleveland-tech
- List of jobs that hire without doing whiteboarding exercises: https://github.com/poteto/hiring-without-whiteboards
- List of remote jobs compiled by Ruby Rafaelina: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/16CzP_ZSE2SgFpjbgJ8gXcHaJvonynciU/htmlview?pru=AAABfzvT5xw*MTqiHyAgaph6SX6MdrBxAw#gid=774283095
- “who is hiring engineers and EMs” from blog.pragmaticengineer.com: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SMKjAgYxG1iAi_G4E3DJik17-EkO8QiTo6obeZCiBAQ/edit?usp=sharing
- List of infosec jobs: https://hpfjobs.com/jobs-list. Many roles are remote all require SECRET clearance, sponsorship available
- BHired has a database of both remote and local jobs: https://recruiterflow.com/db_31d8a959f814396a88dd43bbee3b84e7/jobs#menu
Other (non-vetted) job resources
Get-Your-Job resources (interview and skill building)
- North Coast Job Seeker’s Group: https://www.northcoastjobseekers.org/
- The Collab Lab: https://the-collab-lab.codes/
- Robert Half: https://www.roberthalf.com/salary-guide
- US Bureau of Labor Statistics: https://www.bls.gov/ooh/
- Salary.com: https://www.salary.com/research/salary
- Levels.fyi: https://www.levels.fyi/
Tech Training and Job Skills
WEEKLY LISTING OF NEW JOBS
Details on over 100 remote jobs for 5/6 can be found here:
SoftPro, Reports and SQL Analyst
Basic responsibilities include managing and maintaining SoftPro, our title production software. In addition, this candidate will manage back end reports that are based on various platforms.
- Ability to quickly grasp business requirements and understand the needs and requests of employees. Often, this job will include suggesting alternate workflows or business processes that better address the needs of the requester
- A keen understanding of SoftPro and our custom database structure. This must become second nature but can be learned on the job
- Proficient in basic SQL querying. Advanced querying skills a big plus but can be learned on the job as well
- Basic familiarity with Crystal Reports or at the very least, the concepts of report generation
- Familiarity with concepts of formulas and coding
- Python language a big plus
- Ability to build systems by integrating various technologies, currently in use or new, and having them work together seamlessly. Included in this is researching software and services that are available off the shelf and / or understanding when custom software would be required
- We do not expect applicants to know everything about everything. What is most important is the ability to diagnose issues with hardware and/or software you have never encountered before. We need skill more than knowledge
- Native English speaker
CV should be sent to email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Engineering Manager (Remote) – https://alpha.draftboard.com/apply/XZXWrzA
Sr. Front-End Engineer (Remote) – https://alpha.draftboard.com/apply/gNkZZ4T
Sr. Back-End Engineer (Remote) – https://alpha.draftboard.com/apply/XoQxVj6
Head of Product (Remote-US) – https://alpha.draftboard.com/apply/MiKMPEH
Rubber Tree Systems is hiring a front end/ full stack dev
The position is 100% remote, but the company is based locally in Cleveland, OH. The LinkedIn application is now closed, but you can still email your resume directly to the company’s email address for consideration. https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/3596861432/
Details on over 100 remote jobs for 5/9 can be found here:
Data Engineer(REMOTE)-12 month contract ($71/hr w2 with benefits/401k/paid holidays)
Bachelors + 6 years experience
-Troubleshooting complex SQL queries
-Git or GitHub or similar
Preferred- at least one of the following:
-Large IT Infrastructure environment
Details on the following jobs can be found here:
Lead Xamarin / C# / Android Engineer, GMV, Remote – US, 225,000 – 250,000
Partner Engineer, 3Box Labs, Remote – United States, $140-$175K
Senior Web3 Developer Advocate, 3Box Labs, Remote – US, $120-$160K
Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Replicated, Remote- North America, $140,000-180,000
Junior Full-Stack Software Engineer (Rails, React), CommonLit, Inc., Washington, D.C. or Remote – US, $75,000 – $80,000 a year, Open to entry-level folks!
Back-end Developer, EdReports, Remote-US, $78,000 – $85,000
Hardware R﹠D Engineer, GMV, Los Angeles or Houston, 150,000 – 200,000
Python Django devs, this place has openings for mulitple candidates.
Details on over 100 remote jobs for 5/10 can be found here:
DMI is looking to hire a Junior Software Developer. It’s not that often that I see Junior positions available and I know that many are looking for such a position. Great company, job is US remote. https://careers-dminc.icims.com/jobs/25205/junior-software-developer/job
Pantheon Platform is looking for a front end contractor to work on our new design system. Job is remote and global. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/mglezos_hiring-alert-front-end-developer-working-activity-7062059244153438209-3bQB
Archesys has three positions open: DevSecOps, Security SRE, and Cloud Infra Engineer.
They’re a tiny company that were founded by the scrappy folks who wrote Healthcare.gov 2.0.
- It’s US government contracting (Medicare), Salaries are decent/good, but nowhere near FAANG levels.
- You’ll be pulling the government, sometimes gladly, sometimes kicking and screaming, into the 21st century. You can make big things happen, but it happens on the government’s pace. Patience helps.
- “Work remotely” really means “Work remotely anywhere in the US.” You also need to be currently authorized to work in the US.
- Work-life balance is a lot better than in big tech, and these small companies attract smart/curious folks, rather than people just looking for a paycheck at the mega-contractors.
- It’s not for everyone. Why I like it: at the end of the day, my work means that children in poverty have better access to healthcare (Medicaid/CHIP is one of my projects), and right now I’m working on a proposal/plan to help kill off mainframes that suck budgets (more money to spend on, you know, healthcare). Call me old fashioned (Midjourney called me “grandparent-core” yesterday :expressionless:), but I feel good about my & my team’s work.
MongoDB is currently hiring for a Social Media Lead. This role can be based out of our San Francisco, Austin or New York City offices or remotely in North America.
Cloud Data Engineer at Green River, $100000-130000
Senior Software Engineer, Illustrative Mathematics, Remote – Anywhere (US Citizen Only), $140000-170000
Details on over 100 remote jobs for 5/11 can be found here:
Intermediate or Senior Infrastructure Developer (Remote Canada)
🏢 Company: CruxOCM
🗺️ Location: Remote in Canada
👥 Team Size: 30-35 in the company, first DevOps hire on a dev team of 7!
💼 Experience: Intermediate or Senior, has either built cloud infrastructure from nothing, or worked very closely with someone who has
💰 Salary Range: Up to $140k CAD base salary, +stock options
🥳 Perks: Flexible work schedule, fun team offsites, get to build infrastructure from scratch, $1500/year professional development budget, $110/month phone/internet subsidy, healthcare spending and tax spending (wellness) accounts, unlimited sick/emergency days (if you need a mental health day, it’s a sick day), if you want to get your P.Eng. in software, we can supervise (about 50% of company has their P.Eng.)
Infrastructure Engineer, Remote, timezones GMT±3
The Infrastructure team at Adzuna plays a key role in supporting the business. We are both software developers and system administrators. We handle cloud resources, support our product and engineering team, and keep an eye on security, reliability, performance and costs. At the end of the day we operate and grow our platforms serving an audience of millions of jobseekers and employers from around the globe.
Uber has listed multiple roles in various locations around the globe:
Details on over 100 remote jobs for 5/12 can be found here: